I would like you to...
By Julie - jeudi, février 26, 2015
2. Create. Whether it's photography, writing, painting, singing, cooking, dancing or knitting, bring something to life that wouldn't have existed had you not taken the time, the skill and the love to bring it forth. Find what is most life-giving to you and then to go do that.
3. Express gratitude. Don't be entitled. Recognize the shoulders of those on which we stand. Say thank you to you high school teachers. The cashier at the grocery store. The person holding the door. Recognize your fellow human beings because really, we are all in this together.
4. Believe your beauty. Know that beauty is not defined by magazine covers or the number on the scale. I want you to be comfortable in your own skin and not listen to any other messages you might receive. Know that true beauty is knowing who you are and walking in confidence in that identity.
5. Offer help to others. Pick up the toy that the baby dropped at the store for his mom. Sacrifice time on a Saturday to mow our elderly neighbors' lawn. Get outside of yourself and your world. Show others that you are with them in this, both in word and in action.
7. How to scale a mountain. Or how to backpack in Utah. Or to walk along a river. To get out into creation, step far away with it, where the noise is stilled, where you feel most at peace. To stare up at the stars in the sky and recognize just how tiny we all are. To use the strength and grace and agility of your body to play without an agenda and to get dirty and get tired.
8. To hold on to grace, because life doesn't always go according to plan. To learn how to handle curveballs, because there will be bumps in the journey. But even then, to hold tightly to what you know to be true because sometimes, beauty shows up where it's least expected.
9. To spend time with those that are not like you It will expand your thinking, show different experiences on this same earth and teach you that there are many different ways to live this life. It will mold you into a more compassionate and loving person, because things aren't always what they seem. Get outside of your context and the world takes on a new depth.
10. To play your note in this world. To figure out what you love, what makes your heart beat, what makes your world come alive and what you have to offer this world. To step into the places of need, the places of heartache, the places that need you. To sing love into this weary world.
Who you are and what you have to say and what you have to offer and what you think matters!
Full article from here