I have a guest



This morning I didn’t wake up alone, for once.
Just waking up from the deepest unconscious sleep, I felt someone moving next to me.
Panicking, my eyes were checking everywhere like scared animal in the jungle. My confused brain was screaming: Where? What? How? HOW?!! My heart was getting out of my chest, when I suddenly remembered that in fact it was my mother. Yes, my mum. 


She came to spend ten days with me instead of staying alone in a hotel room (honestly, it sucks to be alone), so I couldn’t give any objection when she asked nicely if she can give some company.
Being ungrateful is far from what I am and plus don’t forget she gave me free room and board for more than 18 years.
Of course, because I’m in Paris, I live in a small studio flat where intimacy and space are luxury. Whatever... This visit comes at the right moment. With all the sad things happening right now, she needs to change her mind with her favorite daughter (sorry sis!)  and it’s good for me too, my life being a nameless emotional desert (boohoo, i know).
For a few days, I’ll have someone to cuddle me, to offer me presents and to say that I’m a great role model for my sisters and brother and pretty much every human being I know (what??). She will also clean my house, make sure that I eat healthy and clean my wardrobe (she won’t help it, I know!). As long as I don’t hear her talking to my friends about when I was a chubby baby or a cheerleader or even about that time when I farted at the doctor’s office, we will be fine. Mummy & I will stay friends.

P.S.: Mum, if you read this, I’m jokiiiiiiing, come back!

P.P.S.: Seriously, come back! Paris is dangerous!


Ce matin, je ne me suis pas réveillée seule.
Sortant à peine des tréfonds de l’inconscience nocturne, je senti remuer doucement la silhouette à coté de moi.
Prise de panique mes yeux ont été dans tous les sens tel un animal apeuré, mon cerveau hurlait : Où ? Quoi ? Comment ? COMMENT ?! Alors que mon cœur menaçait de bondir hors de ma poitrine. Quand je me suis souvenue qu’en fait, c’était ma mère. 
Oui. Ma maman.
Elle vient passer dix jours ici et plutôt que d’être seule à l’hôtel (disons le franchement, seule c’est chiant), je n’ai pu objecter quand elle a proposé gentiment de me tenir compagnie.
L’ingratitude ne fait pas partie de mes défauts, et je lui dois plus de 18 ans d’hébergement gratuit, ne l’oublions pas.
Bien sûr, Paris oblige, je vis dans un studio où la place et l’intimité se font rares. Mais qu’à cela ne tienne, cette visite tombe à point nommé, compte tenu des circonstances tristounettes qui l’amènent se changer les idées chez sa fille préférée et compte tenu aussi et surtout, que ma propre vie, en ce moment, est un désert affectif sans nom.
J’aurai, pendant ces quelques jours, quelqu’un qui me fasse des câlins, des cadeaux et qui me dise à quel point je suis un modèle pour mes frères et sœurs ainsi que pour tous les êtres humains que je rencontre, et qui de surcroit fera aussi mon ménage, veillera à ce que je mange sainement et qui récurera mes placards (elle ne pourra pas s’en empêcher, je le sais !). Et tant que je ne la surprends pas à raconter à mes potes à quel point j’étais un gros bébé, qu’un jour j’ai fait un pet sur la table du médecin ou encore que j’ai été majorette, on sera copine môman & moi.

PS : Maman si tu lis ça, je blaguuuueeeuuhh, reviens !

PPS : Sérieusement, reviens, Paris c’est dangereux !






1 commentaire :

  1. aw, mom's are the best. especially with all those little stories they know about us. i absolutely love this!
    xo TJ

    RépondreSupprimer

My Instagram

Copyright © Can Soup Lover - Blog Lifestyle Belge . Designed by Rom OddThemes